* After a year of trying to generate significant savings to pay professionals to help with this (minimum of $15k), I am selling what I can and going.UPDATE 9/16/11
* Report made to National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC).
* Police report had been misfiled. Corrected and re-filed
* State Department contacted.
* Social Security number recovered.
Help me recover my son.Raising money to get to Korea. Have plane ticket, need money for expenses while searching. Need a lot of money to get professional assistance in the recovery - minimum of $15k - and far more lawyers. After two years, and working in solar sales to get savings, I can't wait any longer. It's time to go regardless of what I have in hand.
Contact me at: email@example.com
I still own the house we bought in Detroit. I am selling it for a minimal amount for very quick sale.
Craig's List ad: http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/reo/3654868704.html
Facebook post: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10151335181663285&id=183237338284
I also have a 1993 Saab 900 S for sale. $1500. Only a little over 100k miles. That's less than 5k miles a year. (Inland Empire, Southern California.)
Read below for more details and some of the original post.
On or about February 22, 2011 my son became a victim of Parental Abduction. All contact between Sim Hyun Sook and I, and my son and I, was cut off. There was no plan to divorce or separate. In fact, I stayed in the US to complete a course for PRI-Det, L3c, our training business. If it had made money, they were to return, if not, I was to join them. She took all our savings and valuable jewelry. I was dependent upon her for 1. a flight to Korea and 2. the letter needed to get the F-2 visa to be stay long term and work in Korea.
She has committed a felony under Parental Abduction Laws, and has violated both our laws and international law.
Parental Abduction is considered child abuse.
|Conor Keane Hyun O'Brien @ 2.5 years old.|
My original offers to try to raise funds for Conor's recovery while keeping PRI-Det, L3C viable, from 2011.We will continue to offer workshops, e.g., we will be presenting at the local Great Lakes Bioneers in October and did a two-day series at the Detroit Public Library back in April, but will conduct full PDCs only as requested for the time being, and only small scale.
I am seeking partners, investors or loans from $3500 - $15,000 in order to retain our current location and provide sufficient funds to get to harvest next season, and build my design business.
There are two possible futures for PRI-Det, L3C. First, a partnership(s) is developed taking PRI-Det, L3C in the same or a different direction. Second, gifts, investors and business loans enable PRI-Det, L3C to continue as described above. The available tranches are listed below under “Investments/Loans.”.
A partnership would be an opportunity to rethink and restructure PRI-Det, L3C to reflect the new, egalitarian, dual/multiple identity, which was always the goal. The ideal partner(s) would include at least one of the following, preferably several:
- Invest as a 50/50 or minority owner up to $15k (I’ve put over $60k into creating PRI-Det, L3C including transitioning from Korea, buying the site, etc.)
- Be an experienced permaculturist, gardener, landscaper, organic gardener.
- Have management skills and be interested in being Director of PRI-Det, L3C.
- Have excellent community-building and outreach skills
- Pursue funding (As an L3C, rather than LLC, PRI-Det, L3C can pursue Programmed Giving funds; 501(c)(3) status should be pursued.)
Non-deductible Donation to PRI-Det, L3C or personally to Killian O’Brien.
Invest: PRI-Det, L3C is a form of limited liability company. This option essentially makes you a partner. Returns based on net income after all costs. A 1% share costs $300. Security: Home on two lots.
Business Loan: 0% interest. Term: 3 years beginning January, 2012. Security: Home on two lots.
Business Loan: 1% interest. Term: 3 years beginning January, 2012. Security: Home on two lots.
Business Loan: 2% interest. Term: 5 years January, 2012. Security: Home on two lots.
Business Loan: 3% interest. Term: 7 years January, 2012. Security: Home on two lots.
Director, Permaculture and Resilience Initiative – Detroit
* The Microgiving campaign has passed its deadline. If you are interested in helping with a personal gift, please contact me directly.
* If you are interested in investing or making a business loan, or please contact me directly and/or send funds via PayPal here: